Boiler room requirements
The boiler room where the boiler is to be installed must meet the requirements of Polish standard
Each boiler red with solid fuel has to be installed in accordance with valid standards and legal
regulations. Unauthorised modications of mechanical or electrical part of boiler structure will be
regarded as breach of warranty conditions causing its immediate termination.
First start-up of the boiler should be performed by authorised manufacturer’s service sta.
The heating system should be built according to the following guidelines:
a) The boiler should be installed in the open-type system.
b) The boiler should be installed at a safe distance from combustible or ammable materials. c) Electric power supply is 400 V/ 50 Hz; the boiler should be electrically connected according to valid
regulations and standards by a qualied electrician who has all necessary licences.
d) The boiler should be connected to the chimney in compliance with valid regulations and
Requirements for boiler location
The boiler should be located in a place which meets the following re-ghting requirements:
— The boiler should be placed on a non-combustible surface.
— The boiler foundation must be made of non-combustible and heat-insulating material and must extend
beyond the boiler external dimensions at least 20 mm.
— If the boiler is to be located in a basement, it is required to locate it on a pedestal with the height not less than
50 mm above oor level. Both the boiler and fuel tank should stand vertically and be precisely levelled.
Safe distance to inammable materials
— During boiler installation and operation the minimum distance of 200 mm to medium-ammable
materials should be maintained.
— In the case of very ammable materials like paper, wood, plastics and so on (ammability class
C3), this safe distance must be increased to 400 mm.
— If the inammability of materials is very high, the safe distances specied above must be doubled.
Flammability classes of materials
The boiler location should ensure easy access for maintenance and service operations:
• On the charging hopper side the clearance distance of at least 1000 mm must be maintained (whenever
possible, it is the best to have such clearance equal to the length of charging hopper together with feeding
• The clearance between back side of the boiler and boiler room wall should not be less than 400 mm.
• It is essential to ensure easy access to connection points for hydraulic system, chimney and electric power
supply (3 x 400 V / 50 Hz).
Minimum distances to building partitions, dependant on the boiler power, are specied by relevant regulations
concerning in-house boiler rooms red with solid fuels.
The external devices and auxiliary equipment of the boiler should be electrically connected by qualied electrician with
the appropriate licences. The external equipment and boiler accessories, if any, should be connected, according to the
markings, to power supply outputs located on the back cover of boiler housing. Electric diagram is also included in
instruction manual for the controller.
• Power supply: 400 V / 50 Hz.
• Outputs for external devices: 230 V.
The boiler itself should be connected to a separate power line protected by fast-acting cut-out with nominal current of 16 A.
Hydraulic connection consists in connecting the system supply and return pipes to appropriate stub pipes
of the boiler.
Recommendations concerning installation of the boiler:
• The system must meet all valid legal regulations, codes and conform to the best building practices.
• The boiler can be operated only in open-type heating systems meeting the requirements of Polish
standard PN-91/B-02413 concerning protection of open-system water heating devices and expansion
• No isolating valves are allowed between the boiler and expansion vessel.
• The hydraulic system of boiler room must ensure the minimum return water temperature at the level of
55 oC. The requirement can be met e.g. by using three-way temperature valves (like the valves type TV
manufactured by ESBE Company), mixing pump or other devices able to ensure the required return
• During boiler operation, the recommended temperature difference between supply and return is